“A candle loses nothing of it’s light by lighting another candle.”
Inspirations of Life 6:06 PM

New Year Fresh Thoughts
Posted January 1, 2010

You could have been anywhere in the world but you're here with me. Thank u for joining me.Happy New Year everyone. I am resolving to writing a blog this year and who knows, if it goes well maybe I will continue the tradition into the future, however for purposes of this first blog lets take things one step at a time.

I would like to start the new year off talking about a very important subject one that I am certain is on the minds of the masses,..LIFE. To be fair almost all topics surround this subject,..even death when u think about it. I would like to focus on the celebration of life and the enjoyment of it. Now as this being my first blog and I have no real sense of protocol besides reading others thoughts (Alisia), I would like to ensure you that this will not be a lengthy read, but I do hope for it to be insightful and thought provoking, so I ask that you continue to indulge me and read further,...

I have recently become aware that the only life worth living is a life that is enjoyed. If you are not enjoying life then you might as well be dead. (however I would not recommend the later because there is no guarantee that you will enjoy it!) I found myself lately following the school of thought that allowed my ancestors freedom even through enslavement. The thought that no matter your circumstances no matter how much money you have, weight you've lost, romance you experience, education you have, all that really matters in life is your freedom to enjoy the here and the now. There will always be more to want and to need because that's who we are as humans. The only thing that prevents those wants and needs from driving us insane is that we learn to appreciate what we already have.

Only when we truly take a moment to appreciate what is already in abundance around us, can we start to enjoy life. One of the few types of people that I despise and will refuse to spend time with are those who too easily find something to complain about. Life is too short to be anything but happy so stop wasting your time on this earth, focusing on the negative. One of the people who has continuously inspired me, Rose, explored the notion of what might happen if the world as a whole- or even a significant fraction- focused on the positives of situations, how different would the world around us be? Some would argue that this is far too idealistic. I would argue that that argument is exactly the problem.

So in closing, and beginning ;-) I would like to challenge you to look at 2010 as a start to truly enjoying life and instead of complaining or focusing on what is missing in your life and eagerly rushing to feel voids, I urge you to concentrate on those positive things around you and see how different your world becomes. if your car breaks down walk and be thankful for the exercise, take the bus and be thankful for a cleaner earth and the new friend you met. If you gained a little weight be thankful that you aren't going hungry,.If you loose your job, be thankful that the door is now open for you to explore other talents, if your significant other calls it quits be thankful you didn't waste any more time with someone who is obviously crazy,.. cause you are FABULOUS!

welp I hope this has inspired some1,..please feel free to leave comments

All the best!

1 comments:

Jack said...

Best Blog post ever!!!!

Post a Comment